We are now entering the second half of the 2014 - 2015 school year here at this wonderful place called EMS. We started this journey with 8 goals in mind and they still ring true.
1. Teach with love, patience and passion.
2. Teach lessons that excite future learning.
3. Ensure all students are safe.
4. Constantly and consistently assess the progress of all students
and use this data to drive instruction.
5. Give respect and expect respect.
6. Communicate with parents constantly.
7. Create cross- curriculum lessons.
8. Celebrate student achievements.
This is a monumental year in education as students are taking different state tests than ever before.
The key differences are:
1. Tests are electronic not paper pencil
2. Language Arts skills are ultra important. (5 tests per student)
3. Reading comprehension will be an intricate part of each test.
4. Students are tested in the area of Social Studies again. (6th only)
5. Two types of tests: Performance Based & End- of- Year